Today, we present to you, our dear reader, the best eco-friendly dog pop bags.
Now, let truth be told: we do not love the fact of picking up poop – especially one dropped by our pets, in this case, our dogs.
However, the dog is an awesome pet and for many of us, it is an indispensable one too: one that we love having around for companionship and most importantly, for security.
Aside these awesome facts/reality, dogs are also very intelligent animals.
So, the act of seeking to clear the poop of a dog – your dog, is a ‘necessary evil’ – that is something that should and must be done.
So, shall we get to business and show you the 10 best eco-friendly, bio-degradable dog poop bags that can be smartly used to pick up and discard the waste your good old (or young) dog passes?
The Best Eco-Friendly (Bio-Degradable) Dog Poop Bags: Our Top 10 Picks
Here are our top 10 best eco-friendly bio-degradable dog poop bags.
Kindly take a close look and pick up the options that make the most sense to you.
Shall we begin?
1. Pets N Bags Dog Waste Bags
The very first dog waste poop bag that we recommend is the Pets and Bags Dog Waste Bags – one of the very best when it comes to the business of picking up dog poop and ensuring that its disposal is done in the right, bio-degradable fashion.
These poop bags from Pets N Bags are designed with an extra water resistance coating, ensuring that they’re always able to retain their dryness and are able to keep down waste odor in a very smart and professional manner.
Importantly, these poop bags from Pets N Bags come with a reusable sanitary dispenser that is capable of serving for the entire period of the rolls in the carton – and beyond.
This dispenser makes the business of transporting poop from where it is picked up to either the toilet or a dumpsite a pretty fair business.
So pretty is it that the dispenser can actually be accommodated in one’s handbag 🙂
Highlights Of The Pets N Bags Dog Waste Bags
- 240 pcs per box.
- Standard reusable dispenser included per carton.
- Near-perfection in waste bag durability and toughness.
- Odorless and completely allergy-free.
- Water resistant coating.
- Earth friendly, bio-degradable and completely eco-friendly.
- Perfect waste odor retention.
2. Earth Rated 225-Count X-Large Dog Waste Bags
If you’re looking for a smart, extra large and scented poop waste bag for both your cats and dogs, fewer options beat the Earth Rated 225-Count X-Large Dog Waste Bags.
Lavender scented, these brand of poop bags dispense directly from the box and brilliantly accommodate standard sized cat litter scoops – serving dual, beautiful and utmostly necessary functions that are very important to carry out if you have either a cat, dog or both.
For pet owners who have both cats and dogs – and are on a budget, this is the real deal – and is hard to beat, either way it is seen or understood.
Highlights Of The Earth Rated 225-Count X-Large Dog Waste Bags
- The bags are bio-degradable and very earth friendly.
- 225 Extra-Large bags per box.
- Bags measure 11 x 13 inches.
- Dispenses directly from the box.
- Can accommodate standard sized cat litter scoops.
3. Pets N Bags Dog Poop Bags
This means that, instead of one uniform size, there are varying sizes of poop bags right in the carton so that users who have need of various sizes of waste bags can smartly proceed, saving money in the process by buying only one carton of a well trusted brand.
Like all the products from this brand, these poop bags roll into a standard leash dispenser and come standard with extra water resistant coating that brilliantly keeps its content dry and reduces poop odor to the barest minimum.
Highlights Of The Pets N Bags Dog Poop Bags
- 360 pcs per box.
- Different size and count combination for different customers’ needs.
- Rolls fit into standard leash dispensers.
- Compact roll size.
- Easy to open and detach from the roll with easy tear off design.
- Standard dispenser included.
- Allergy free.
- Extra water resist coating.
- Keeps dry and minimizes waste odor.
4. Green’N’Pack Extra Large Dog Waste Bags (Heavy Duty Solution)
If your dog is of the giant specie – or you desire to clear the poop of a small to medium horse, the other poop bags mentioned before this one will not do…you’ll need the Green ‘N’ Pack Extra Large Dog Waste Bags (Heavy Duty Solution).
These dog poop bags, like their name, are truly ‘heavy duty’ and can brilliantly accommodate heavy pet waste without compromising or embarrassing you, the pet owner.
This reality is possible primarily because of their extra-giant nature (which is 10″x14″, 0.9 mil thick) and the smart drawstring that closes up the bag to ensure that the content is sealed out of public sight and important, the odor therein, smartly contained.
For those with dogs that literally poop horse manure – or horse owners who either wish to keep the trails clean or make good use of the horse manure that would be lost if the poop isn’t ‘recovered’, this is a ‘heavy duty’ poop bag that must be bought and used.
Highlights Of The Green’N’Pack Extra Large Dog Waste Bags (Heavy Duty Solution)
- 100 pcs per box.
- Extra giant bags perfect for giant dog breeds, small and medium sized horses.
- Drawstring technology to contain both the content and odor.
- 10″x14″, 0.9 mil thickness to ensure its ‘heavy duty function’.
- Large enough to contain even the waste of horses.
- The poop bags also come with handles which ensure a smart carriage and definitely ensures ease of handling.
5. EcoPoof Doggie and Kitty Litter Poop Bags
Leak proof reality, durability, easy detachment and opening are the principal promises of the EcoPoof Doggie and Kitty Litter Poop Bags.
While these are easy claims that any poop bag manufacturer can comfortably make, it is a different ball game altogether when it comes to actually substantiating same by users, via honest reviews after actual use and first hand experience.
It is with the actual use that we actually got to respect these bags and their ability to keep the environment free of dog poop while at the same time, ensuring that the environment remains as safe as possible from the action.
The bags can brilliantly handle small to large amounts of poop in such a smart manner that there is no fear that poop can slip on the hands or the odor therefrom, escape.
Importantly, it is worthy of note that, the bag practically fits all dispensers, meaning that, with this brand, you do not need to go out of your way looking for specific dispensers that will fit it.
It is also very important to add that, the bags are polyethylene free and are accordingly, completely recyclable.
Highlights Of The EcoPoof Doggie and Kitty Litter Poop Bags
- 120 pcs per box.
- Polyethylene free (the bags are thus 100% recyclable).
- The bags practically fit all dispensers.
- Easy to detach.
- Completely leak-proof.
- Extremely durable and capable of handling all sizes of poop – from all manner of dogs.
6. Eco Friendly Poop Bags By Innovet Pet Products
We love the intro of the Eco Friendly Poop Bags by Innovet Pet Products…
Since the beginning of time man has yearned for a product to vaporize dog poop into nothingness. We have done the next best thing: wrap it up.
These affordable, high quality, eco friendly bags were built with one mission: to hunt down and recycle poop back to nature.
Made with plant starch and food grade polymers along with other biomass and non-biomass fillers.
Our bags are NON TOXlC and leave NO TOXIC RESIDUES when degrading.
This elaborate and well written copy leaves nothing to add and does not even permit us, the compilers of this list, to even put in an additional word, save verify these really impressive claims.
A good thing is that, no matter how good you say a product is, the consumers will get to know the truth – unless, they are too lazy or unconvinced not to buy try it in the first place.
After testing out this brand, we must accept that the smart sales copy reproduced above is indeed an honest advertisement as the product brilliantly complies with all the assertions made in the sales copy.
One other thing that the seller did not mention expressly but we found out on our own: the poop bags are large enough to pick up all manner of poop from either a cat – or dog.
Highlights Of The Eco Friendly Poop Bags By Innovet Pet Products
- 120 pcs per box.
- Rolls fit into standard leash dispensers easily.
- The bags are made with plant starch & food grade polymers.
- Easy peel apart and ability to detach from roll easily.
- Easy to open and use.
- Non-toxic when in the process of breaking down and ‘servicing the earth’.
7. Tquens P100 Poop Bags Lavender Scented Leak-Proof Dog Waste Bags With Dispenser
Dog poop remains dog poop, whether it is scented or not – so we have read.
However, there is nothing wrong in perceiving some sweet lavender scent just after you decide to pick up some poop – especially if your dog isn’t allergic to the scent 🙂
Who knows – the horrible odor of the waste may just be mitigated by the sweet scent on the bags.
This is what the Tquens P100 Poop Bags Lavender Scented Leak-Proof Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser actually seeks to achieve and in fact, does achieve in a very smart and brilliant fashion.
Besides the good scent that the poop bags come with, the bags also come standard with a portable dispenser and most importantly, a leash clip.
Further, the rolls are also compatible with (other) standard leash dispensers – if you have or prefer another model.
Highlights Of The Tquens P100 Poop Bags Lavender Scented Leak-Proof Dog Waste Bags With Dispenser
- 270 pcs per box.
- Comes with a portable dispenser with a leash clip.
- Large bag size (9 x 13”) which makes clean-up super easy.
- The bags are completely leak-proof.
- Rolls are compatible with (other) standard leash dispensers.
- Bags are oxo-biodegradable.
- All bags are lavender-scented to combat undesired odors.
8. Usboo Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags
The Usboo Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags are something else when it comes to the reality of what these bags can do.
First, the bags are multi-purpose in nature: this means that, they are not programmed or designed only for the evacuation of dog poop; they can pretty well be used for the collection and disposal of trash – if the need arises.
Second, these bags are quite thick – and completely leak proof. When using them to pick up dog waste, you’re assured that it will not leak unto your hands hands or unto the temporary storage dispenser.
It is also worthy of note as a third point to understand that, the bags are completely free of allergies, paving the way for their non-incidence use with super sensitive puppies and dogs.
Users who have used these bags are all praises for them…personally too, we did not have any issue with them and love them exactly for the convenience, ease and durability they represented and ensured.
Highlights Of The Usboo Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags
- 360 pcs per box.
- Multi-purpose use: the bags can be used for clearing and disposing refuse or any other issue that presents itself (besides dog poop).
- The bags are free from allergy – which is a great thing for super sensitive pets.
- The bags are also bio-degradable and very eco-friendly. They break down in a short time and become part of the earth or manure, if you prefer.
- A free handy dispenser is included to ease handling.
- The bags are completely leak proof.
- The bags are very easy to tear off from the lot for use; this ease of use actually saves them from being destroyed way before use.
9. Doggy Do Good Premium Pet Waste Bags
If you’re looking for vegetable based poop bags that are super safe for the environment and break down in a fairly short period of time, you’ve certainly got your back covered by using the Doggy Do Good Premium Pet Waste Bags.
These bags break down in as little as 90 days!
Aside the fact that these awesome waste bags from Doggy Do Good are excellent for the environment, it is also comforting to note that the bags are further made from 100% recycled materials.
This means that, if you’re someone that loves to have your purchases earth friendly, you’ll be glad that you’ve got something here to really serve you.
However, the joy and power of these waste bags do not simply rest on the fact that they’re eco-friendly: the bags themselves awesomely serve the business of clearing pet mess in a manner that leaves nothing to be desired.
For instance, the bags are completely leak-proof and are made in an extra thick manner to avoid unpleasant experiences 🙂
How on earth can you beat such a powerful and impressive combination of desirable features?
Highlights Of The Doggy Do Good Premium Pet Waste Bags
- 60 pcs per box.
- A standard premium dispenser is included in every box of this poop bags. This help with poop handling in the most smart and brilliant of manners.
- Extra thick and leak proof.
- Biodegradable and compostable.
- These dog waste bags are actually made from corn starch!
- The bags break down completely in only 90 days after use.
- The bags are not see-through, which is something great when you’re handling poop 🙂
The Doggy Do Good company is a small, family run company in Michigan.
Besides the fact that it is family owned and run, this small business looks beyond profits and the environment: the firm actually also denotes some of the profits realized to animal rescues and no-kill shelters.
If you can, kindly patronize them…you’ll actually be doing much more than keeping your environment free of you dog’s mess – you’ll be making a change. One that really matters.
The good thing is that their poop bags are also very smartly made, practical and are as advertised. So, you’ll not be losing anything.
10. Dog Waste Bags By Simple Pets
The Dog Waste Bags By Simple Pets is the very last option on our list of the best eco-friendly, bio-degradable dog waste bags money can buy today.
However, it is important to note that, this bag brand is not bad in anyway.
The simple reason why it is last on the list is that even amongst geniuses, there would certainly be someone who would take up the rear 🙂
Now, taking up the rear in such an instance does not mean that such a person is not intelligent and in this instance, it does not mean that the product is bad.
If you’ll appreciate unscented dog poop bags that are designed in a smart manner to serve both small dogs and larger breeds and importantly, also serve multi functions, then, you should certainly check this brand of waste bags out.
Highlights Of The Dog Waste Bags By Simple Pets
- 300 pcs per box.
- Multi-purpose: perfect for dogs and cats alike.
- Discrete enough to conceal what you’re truly carrying, before or after use.
- Ease to use with a tear off design that ensures the bags are used easily and without effort.
- Bags can accommodate waste from varying sizes of dogs.
- Solid and thick – ensuring a leak-proof experience.
- At 300 pcs per box and for a fair rate, the brand has one of the lowest overall cost per poop bag.
- Free dispenser included.
- Unscented for dogs that are allergic to such scenting.
That’s it – you now have a list of the best 10 bio-degradable, earth friendly dog poop bags for the money.
It would now be a smart idea to watch the video below to see how you’re supposed to use these bags – if this is your first experience or you’ll appreciate guidance on it, generally.
Enjoy the video!
Why Do You Need Dog Poop Bags?
If you’ve not used dog poop bags before, it is easy to wonder why you even need them in the first place.
If you’re a first time dog owner or are currently wondering why you should invest your money in these bags, here are very important reasons that will outline why you need them.
Let’s fire away:
- Dogs drop poop indiscriminately. Unfortunately, they may drop such waste around the house or in places where such action is not permitted, especially if you’re walking the dogs. In either instances, clearing the mess is your responsibility as the pet owner.
- Dog waste is good manure. Instead of allowing it to waste, you could smartly pick it up and direct it under your flowers or farm – if you have one. This is what is called ‘organic manure’ and it is very helpful in ensuring faster and better growth of plants.
- In some jurisdictions, it is actually illegal to walk a dog without a poop bag…and you could actually get fined on the spot if caught!
- Leaving poop passed out by dogs (indiscriminately) can actually prove harmful – as the waste can easily be washed away right into sources of drinking water such as rivers, streams and oceans. Dog poop is currently the 3rd biggest cause of water pollution in the US.
- Finally, dog poop that is not cleared can be a cause of accident, especially for children who are playing and not particularly expecting to find pet waste on their playground.
Now that you’ve seen why you need to clear up the poop of your dog using waste bags specifically designed for that purpose, let’s now see why you need to make certain that your pet waste bags are of the bio-degradable variant.
Why Choose Bio-Degradable, Eco-Friendly Dog Poop Bags To Clear The Mess Of Your Pet?
There are various methods of clearing up the mess of your pets after it is dumped…the most popular being the poop bag.
However, in the world of poop bags, there are various types – the bio-degradable, eco-friendly variant being one amongst many.
This post is concerned about the very best of the eco-friendly versions/brands…
…why should you opt for them in the first place?
Here are our reasons:
- Biodegradable dog poop bags are made from materials that break down as easily as 90 days. This ensures that the material making up the bags does not constitute an environmental hazard when discarded.
- If you’re picking up dog poop primarily to use as manure, the eco-friendly bags are also an intrinsic part of the manure – and would not need to be separated from the poop before they’re functional.
- Finally, the fact and reality that earth-friendly dog poop bags actually break down within a short time and compost, leaving nothing behind ensures that they don’t wind up as eyesores – if they happen to be exposed to the elements or find themselves right up where they’re not supposed to be after disposal.
Now that we’ve seen the importance of buying dog poop bags that actually degrade, let’s take a look at something else: what to look out for when shopping for these earth-friendly bags.
What To Look Out For When Shopping For Dog Poop Bags
We’ve covered everything that you could possibly desire to learn from the reality of getting and actually using bio-degradable bags for your pet’s poop needs.
However, one thing remains: what to actually look out for when shopping for dog poop bags.
This is what we’ll be taking a snappy look at now:
- Always ensure that your dog poop bags are biodegradable. Showing a little love for the earth should naturally interest you as a dog/pet owner.
- When shopping, always ensure that you get a thick model that also doubles as leak-proof to avoid silly mistakes that actually make you look super stupid.
- It is also important to look up to brands that are at least medium sized and can handle poop – no matter its size as far as it’s coming from a dog.
- Pick a scented or non-scented brand according to the tolerance of your dog. If your dog is ok with a scented brand and does not react to it, by all means, go with a sweet smelling option 🙂
- Finally, before you buy a dog poop bag, kindly ensure that it will fit right into the standard dispensers either commercially available or from another brand. This will certainly save you some stress in the poop disposal process.
Now, you have it!
However, be kindly informed that the top 10 brands featured above all meet the criteria laid out here. Accordingly, you can easily pick up any brand of your choice and would be good.
As we love to say it, the hardest work has been done for you already…all that is left is what we refer to as ‘soft-work’: actually choosing 🙂
In this article, we’ve shown you:
- The top 10 best biodegradable dog poop bags;
- Why you need a pet waste bag in the first place;
- Why eco-friendly dog poop bags are the best &
- What to look out for when shopping for these all important bags for pet owners.
We sincerely believe we’ve been of immense value and use to you in the process of deciding what poop bag will best serve you.
If that is the case, we’re already blushing and wish you an awesome shopping experience 🙂