If you’re looking for the best beer holster, you’ve landed on the right page.
Here on this page, we will review the very best beer bottle and beer can holsters you can find online today.
This review will be based on our own independent research and more importantly, based on the practical opinions of everyday users like you who have actually used the beer holsters and have given their opinion as to how well or otherwise these holsters hold (both the bottle/can and generally, over time).
If you’re ready to proceed, let’s open the first bottle by way of recommending the smart options online to you. Remember too that, more details about beer holsters in general can be found right at the end of this review.
Best Beer Holster: Our Top 5 Picks
Here, we share the greatest beer holsters of all time. Enjoy.
1. EZ Drinker Redneck Beer & Soda Can Holster Belt (Camouflage)
The EZ Drinker Redneck Beer and Soda Can Holster Belt (Camouflage) is true beer holster and makes the very first place on our list here because of the sheer innovation of the manufacturers and then, its raw ability to hold either 6 or 12 bottles (depending on the model you select).
Made of soft cloth featuring a rare camouflage design, this holster can handle both beer and soda bottles with an ease/majesty that will surprise even you, the drinker.
Further, the holster fits into any waist size comfortably as it is completely adjustable. This means that, irrespective of your waist size, you can pack up to 12 bottles around it and enjoy yourself thoroughly on the go.
Just make sure you hit either 18 or 21 first, depending on what the age of majority is in your jurisdiction.
What we Love about the EZ Beer Holster
- Ability to hold both beer bottles and soda cans.
- Configured in such a manner that beverages too (besides alcohol) can be housed and packed. This is a feature non drinkers really appreciate.
- Fits into any waist size without issues…this is really beneficial as all manner of users can comfortably use it.
- Raw ability to hold up to 12 bottles/cans/beverages at a go!
- Soft material that is non obstructive to the waist.
- Camouflage design that is unique and very attractive to the eye.
- Option to either choose the 6 or 12 bottle/can/beverage holder.
- One year warranty.
What we Don’t Like about the EZ Beer Holster
- The weight of 12 beers around the waist of anyone is a little bit overwhelming 🙂
- This holster is not ideal for obese or super fat persons, especially if they (also) have a huge waistline.
2. GreatGadgets 1880 Genuine Leather Classic Beer Holster
If you appreciate an authentic beer holster that is made of genuine leather and holds a single bottle or can at a time, the time is perfectly ripe for taking a good look at the GreatGadgets 1880 Genuine Leather Classic Beer Holster.
Styled in the manner of traditional firearm holsters and hook-able to the belt of the carrier, this beer holster handles both bottles and cans with both majestic ease and a rare class that makes the carrier the object of instant admiration 🙂
It is worthy of note to state that this holster is hand made from real leather and finished with a water-repellent surface. The implication of this finish is that, even if your drink spills on the holster, it will have no damaging effect on it or its long term quality.
What we Love about the 1880 Classic Beer Holster
- Genuine leather design that will last for years to come.
- Waterproof finishing…so that a spilled drink doesn’t ruin your experience or worse, the holster.
- Solid metal studs that will still hold the holster in place should the thread give way.
- Thick nylon thread finishing…this ensures extra durability.
- Fits a variety of belt sizes.
- Ability to fit all intending users, irrespective of waist size (it fits in the belt and does not go round the waist.
- Holds a beer bottle or can pretty firmly even when one is sprinting!
What we Don’t Like about the 1880 Classic Beer Holster
- Ability to hold only one bottle or can at a time.
- No option for a cloth (or other material) model. Some customers will prefer cloth or any other material.
3. Black Canvas Drink Holster
The Black Canvas Drink Holster is completely different manner of beer holster for the drinker with swag 🙂
This holster, unlike the first 2 reviewed above, does not go around the waist neither does it clip to the belt. Instead, it has an (elastic) strap that secures it to the leg (in the typical Marine style).
Aside being a beer holster, this unit also comes packed with a ring for connecting keys and a towel.
It again takes things further by sporting a back pocket, dedicated to the storage of credit/debit cards. In essence, once you start drinking, nothing should stop you…not even money!
To round its impressive array of features, the holster fits both bottles and cans excellently!
What we Love about the Black Canvas Drink Holster
- Unique strap style that goes round the leg (and not the waist or belt).
- Elastic leg strap that fits varying weight levels.
- Ability to fit can or bottle.
- Credit card pocket (this enhances your ability to pay for more bottles 🙂 )
- Ring for connecting keys and a towel.
- Ability to hold and clip on even without a belt.
- Made of the same durable materials backpacks are made of…it will thus last for a long time to come.
What we Don’t Like about the Black Canvas Drink Holster
- A very short bottle or soda can will be flimsy in this holster.
- Using this holster while very active may present some challenges, since the strap goes round your thigh – which vigorously moves during physical exercise/action.
4. PremiumPresents Genuine Leather Beer Holster
If you genuinely love leather beer holsters (but) did not like the Great Gadgets 1880 Genuine Leather Classic Beer Holster above, we’re certain we’ve got you something you’ll love here – the Premium Presents Genuine Beer Holster.
Like the 1880 above, this holster also holds a 12 oz can or bottle beverage and is made from water repellent genuine leather material.
With this model, you do not need a strap to go around your leg; instead, a smart hook attaches itself to your belt and helps the holster stay there in a very classic and smart fashion.
Aside these awesome features, the holster also comes with an opener that is shaped in the manner of a gun – and permanently attached to it. This means that, once you get your drink, you won’t be looking around for an opener before you’ll be able to do justice to it 🙂
What we Love about the Premium Presents Genuine Leather Beer Holster
- Ability to hold a bottle or can very firmly.
- Attached and ever present gun shaped bottle opener.
- Made from genuine leather that will certainly last a long time.
- Water repellent.
- No strap around the leg needed.
- Fits all belts up to 1.5 inch in width.
- Solid metal studs that act as reinforcement to the thick nylon that the holster is sewn with.
What we Don’t Like about the Premium Presents Genuine Leather Beer Holster
- We love everything about this beer holster. The good thing is that, other users/customers also agree, completely.
5. Fairly Odd Novelties Beer Hip Holster Single Bottle or Can Soda Beverage Holder
The Fairly Odd Novelties Beer Hip Holster Single Bottle or Can Soda Beverage Holder is the very last option on our list. It is the last option here not because it is inferior but simply because, even amongst all things good, some will still supersede others while some will still trail behind 🙂
Physically, this can holder, shares many attributes of the Black Canvas Drink Holster already reviewed above, especially the thigh/hip attachment.
However, this model features a clip design, aside the thigh strap. This certainly means more safety for your drink and a subtle guarantee that any bottle or can that is left there will remain there, come what may.
Again, like the Black Canvas Drink Holster above, this holster is made from durable nylon and secures one bottle/can of beer at a time.
What we Love about the Fairly Odd Novelties Beer Hip Holster Single Bottle or Can Soda Beverage Holder
- Simple clip design that does not need a belt and works with any style of pants.
- Leg side pocket with the ability to fit in cash, cards and identity cards.
- Made from very durable nylon that will certainly last for years to come.
- Very stylish and unique design that will sure separate any user from any crowd.
- Double ‘security’: clip and strap. This ensures that any bottle placed therein will not fall or worse, spill its content.
What we Don’t Like about the Fairly Odd Novelties Beer Hip Holster Single Bottle or Can Soda Beverage Holder
- Support during vigorous/physical activity is tricky.
- The holster will appear too large when worn by drinkers who are not very tall.
What is a Beer Holster?
A beer holster is a carriage, fashioned in the same manner like a handgun holster and modified to carry a bottle/bottles or can/cans of beer around the waist, thigh or belt clip of the wearer.
The best beer holsters are manufactured in such a manner that they can accommodate both cans and bottles, allowing the users to load them together or go with either bottles or cans, exclusively.
Further, some models are manufactured to go round the waists of wearer (especially the models that accommodate more than one bottle or can at a time) while some models are designed to fit as a clip right unto the belt of the wearer in a smart manner. Yet still, some models are simply fastened round the thigh in a truly US Marine fashion.
Usually, beer holsters are made from thick leather. However, some variants are made from thick cloth or nylon (which does not bulge from the weight of the drinks they accommodate).
Overall thus, holsters/holders that accommodate drinks are a novelty and are not still very common/used often within the population.
Why do you Need a Beer Holster or Can Holder?
For persons who do not drink, they’ll naturally find it rather strange that a holster should accommodate anything else than a firearm 🙂 This is understandable – but it leaves us with at least a duty of explanation.
However, for the real drinker out there, this holster presents a ton of possibilities that only those who drink beers frequently can understand.
However, for the sake of the teetotalers and those who are wondering why they need ‘this thing’, let’s tackle this question once and for all…why would anyone need a beer holster and even be interested in the best beer holster available in the market today?
First, a beer holster is needed if you work (with your hands) all the time and desire to keep your beer close.
Accordingly thus, if you’re out mowing the lawn and moving, it does not make practical sense to attempt to mow with one hand and hold a beer with another.
Another practical scenario would be when you’re washing your car, right out of the garage and it remains impractical to keep a beer bottle close.
In such an instance, as you detail your car and ensures that it shines again, nothing should stop you from gulping down your favorite beer at the same time 🙂
This is the very first reason why anyone would/should consider a beer holster; the very first reason why you should also consider one.
Second, you would also need a dedicated beer holster when you’re at the beach catching fun and there is no table or side stool for your beer!
In such an instance, you’ll discover that, to properly enjoy your beach time and have maximum fun, you’ll need to have your drink right by your side and not in the sand somewhere.
Third, if you’re at a party – and really wish to drink (while having your hands free to do whatever it is you desire), then, by all means, a beer holder is important.
With your free hands, you can attend to barbecue, hold your partner or learn some new dance steps, all in grand fashion and class.
Finally, you’ll also need your beer holster if you’re hiking, mountain climbing or tailgating.
If you’ve ever been in any of the instances above, you’ll clearly understand that the use of both hands is very important and should never be compromised. And so is the importance of a drink close by.
In such an event, the only thing that will come to your rescue is your drink holster – solidly attached to either your waist, hip or thigh.
What to Look Out for When Buying a Beer Holder
When you are out shopping for a beverage/beer/can holster, there are some things that you should look out for, if you’re going to get one that will last some time, and serve you efficiently during it life term.
Outlined below are the most important you ought to take very seriously.
Take note however that, the models reviewed above all have these features already – so, you need not bother or stress yourself checking to see if they have it or not.
Since all the hard work has been done by us already, all you need to do is to grab a really good drink holster from amongst the list here and really enjoy life – irrespective of whatever you may be doing, wherever you may be.
- Ensure that the material the holster is made of is durable, whether its leather or cloth; otherwise, you just may end up spilling drink and looking all messy when the holder snaps or worse, gives way.
- Get the sizes straight: first, the holder’s size and then, the size of your belt, thigh or waist, wherever the model you’ve chosen goes round. If you wind up picking the wrong size, you’re likely to have a less than ideal experience.
- (While this is not very important), a water repellent model is preferred, when available. Believe us, in case of a spill, the holster should be in condition to hold another can or bottle right away!
- Finally, ensure that the model you’ve settled on can accommodate both cans and bottles. This is because, you never know how your beer will come to you and you’ll need to be prepared – whichever way it turns out to be 🙂
Other Uses of a Beer Holster (Besides Alcohol Drinking)
A beer holster does not exclusively serve only drinkers or those who love beer. It would surprise you to understand that there are smart uses such a holster can be put to, beyond just alcohol drinking.
- Cycling. If you use a bicycle or motorcycle extensively, you’ll get thirsty at one point or the other. Now, instead of stopping to look for a drink, your handy holster will serve you brilliantly. In this case, water is what you’ll store in your bottle and not beer!
- If you’re an adventurer who loves mountain climbing or hiking, these holders will also be of great use to you. If you ask any mountain climber – or remember your last climb directly, you’ll see that, energy drinks are needed along the way or at least, water. You can brilliantly use these holders to smart effect.
- Finally, if you’re a marathon runner or go out on frequent joggles, this holster will also serve awesomely, especially the 1880 classic and the PremiumPresents Beer Holster. Just make certain that your water bottle is closed shut and tight before placing/replacing it in the holster.
As you can see thus, this smart innovation is not only for those who drink!
Summary/Wrap Up: Can you Really Ignore a Beer Holster as a Serious Drinker?
At close to 3,000 words, we’re pretty certain that this article has done sufficient justice to the title of best beer holster.
However, before we sign-off, it is very important to point out that, a dinker without a dedicated holster is like a policeman without his service holster…where on earth will you put your drink once you’re done sipping, especially when there are no tables or side stools around?
Accordingly, great drinkers have great and dedicated holsters…many, according to the occasion. If you’re a great drinker (or love to see yourself as such), which of the models are you opting for – and why?
No matter your choice, be sure that all of us at Reviews Mimi sincerely wish you a happy shopping experience 🙂
This website is an active participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. This means that, as an Amazon Associate, its webmaster(s) earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.com (or any of its affiliated sites).